Skip to main content

Career Preparation - Enrollment Information

[Updated for Spring 2018 Semester]

Learn a New Career! Get a Better Job! Apply for Financial Aid Today!

How to enroll in career and technical education programs
  • Prior to registration, all new students must complete the appraisal assessment with the exception of PT & LVN students.
    • PT & LVN students must complete the TABE assessment. Call (626) 934-2801 or view dates and information.
  • All students will receive an introduction to the basic rules and regulations of Hacienda La Puente Adult Education.
  • A program specific Orientation may also be required prior to registration. See the program of interest listing.
  • This is the first step to qualify and begin your vocational career training and education.

Policies & Procedures

  • Students must go to the Learning & Assessment Center (L.A.C.), in room #118, during scheduled appraisal times.
  • The appraisal test is free.
  • Space is limited.
  • Must be on time! Please note that prior to the start of a semester or new session, students are encouraged to come early due to reaching full capacity and staff being unable to accommodate all who require pre-registration assessment.
  • Plan on approximately 2 to 3 hours.
  • Students that do not meet the basic skill level requirement for a given training will be recommended to attend academic classes and may not be eligible to enroll for training classes.
  • You must bring: two number 2 pencils and one pen.
  • You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in the orientation class.
  • Sorry, childcare is not available.
  • Test time subject to change without notice.
Registration Information

Career Technical Education and High School Diploma/High School Equivalency

  1. Go to Willow Campus during the dates and times listed below.
  2. Attend an orientation and assessment (Plan to stay approximately 2 to 3 hours).*
  3. After orientation and assessment, you will be given instruction on their next steps.

High School Diploma students only: Obtain official sealed transcript from your last school of attendance.

*Psychiatric Technician, LVN, and Pharmacy Technician students must complete the TABE assessment. Call (626) 934-2801 or see dates and information.


ESL and Citizenship Classes

  1. Go to the campus of your choice during the dates and times listed below.
  2. Take an assessment test (Plan to stay approximately 1-2 hours). Citizenship: please bring Permanent Resident Card.
  3. After testing, you will be registered in an available class.
Site Career Technical
Education Programs
ESL / Citizenship High School Diploma or
High School Equivalency
Willow Campus
Room #118
14101 E. Nelson Ave., La Puente 
(626) 934-2949 or (626) 934-2801

Tues-Thurs 9:00 am

Wed/Thurs 5:00 pm

Tues/Thurs 9:00 am

Tues-Thurs 9:00 am


Wed/Thurs 5:00 pm

Hudson Campus
Room #8
445 N. Glendora Ave., La Puente
(626) 934-6774 or (626) 934-6761

Mon/Wed 9:00 am

Tuesday 6:00 pm

Dibble Campus
Room K-1
1600 Pontenova Ave., Hacienda Heights
(626) 933-8330 or (626) 933-8305

Tues/Thurs 9:00 am

Mon-Thurs 6:00 pm



Please note: Registration times may change without notice, please call any of the campuses above for current testing schedule.


Policies & Procedures

  • Students must go to the testing rooms specified below during scheduled times.
  • Due to limited capacity in assessment rooms, arrive early to ensure your space.
  • Students who do not meet the basic skill level requirement for the CTE Program will be referred to a counselor to discuss option.
  • You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in any program.
  • Sorry, childcare is not available during testing.
  • Test time subject to change without notice.
Free Training Benefits & Financial Aid
  • Are you between the ages of 18-24 years old with need of training?
  • Are you unemployed?
  • Are you low income?
  • Is your present company going out of business?
  • Are you a veteran?
  • Do you need job counseling?
  • Do you currently receive EDD benefits of any kind?
  • Have you exhausted your unemployment benefits?
  • Are you a foster child?
  • Are you working with the Department of Rehabilitation or Social Services?
  • Do you need re-training to enter a new profession?
  • I-train referrals website:

If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you may be eligible for Free Training Benefits or Financial Aid.

Call the Workforce Development Center immediately! 

(626) 934-2850.

Plan ahead for spring 2018!

Apply Early to Secure Your Financial Aid & Enrollment!

Piggy bank

Planning for Spring & Fall 2018 Registration

  1. Apply on line by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to
  2. Allow a minimum of 3 days for the eSAR (Electronic Student Aid Report) to be received by the financial aid office.
  3. The following items and printouts will be needed to schedule an appointment once a student’s FAFSA is processed.
    a. Valid CA Identification or Driver’s License
    b. Social Security Card
    c. Official sealed H.S. Transcript, diploma or State issued High School Equivalency Certificate (HSE)
    d. Printout of your 2017 -18 eSAR (Electronic Student Aid Report). To obtain printout go to
    e. Printout of Pell LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used). To obtain your Pell LEU go to ( Use your PIN from FAFSA to log on.
    f. Bring items (A through E) to the financial aid office
    g. An appointment will be made for you. Space is limited!

(Please remember that those who receive PELL grant may still have to pay a portion of the cost upon registration.)

*Please bring all documents to the Workforce Office.